Super Rare Games is teaming up with 505 Games to bring the thrilling slash ’em up deckbuilder, Book of Demons, to physical form on the Nintendo Switch.
In typical Super Rare Games fashion, this will be a limited release. There will only be 4,000 copies ever printed, and the sale will begin on February 17, 2022, at 6 PM GMT on the Super Rare Games website. The rare physical print includes a full-colour manual, interior artwork, an exclusive sticker, and a trading card.
What is Book of Demons?
Book of Demons is a deckbuilding, hack and slash hybrid that puts you in the driver seat of your own adventure. Drawing inspiration from the first Diablo book, the game takes place in the Paperverse, a world that exists inside a pop-up book. The narrative plays out exactly like a classic tale of good verse evil. You’ll take on armies of darkness and wield magic cards in the Old Cathedral dungeons while saving the world from the big bad Archdemon.
The features you can expect from the full game are:
- A tale of good and evil that involves you saving the world from the ultimate evil.
- A unique deckbuilder that allows you to discover and upgrade cards for items, spells and skills.
- Use the Flexiscope to measure out sessions while you play, so you enjoy the game at your own pace.
- Simplified movement and fight mechanics.
- Comfortable gameplay, with the use of footprints so you can always backtrack if you get lost.
- Ten hours of story, but plenty more to master a class.
- Roguelike mode that adds extra challenges, including permadeath.
Book of Demons is coming to physical form on the Nintendo Switch for the first and only time on February 17, 2022, at 6 PM GMT on the Super Rare Games website.