During today’s Pokémon Presents, The Pokémon Company revealed a brand new trailer and new details for Pokémon Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond.
Similar to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, the upcoming Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes were marred with controversy when they were announced. Since then, we’ve had reports and rumours circulating them, but little to no official information. Fortunately today, The Pokémon Company released a brand new trailer that featured a ton of new features coming to the remakes. Here is our breakdown of everything that was announced.
You can watch the full trailer here.
What Was Announced?
The Grand Underground
The first major addition coming to Pokémon Shining Pearl and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond is the explorable Grand Underground. There are a ton of activities for the player to discover in the Grand Underground as well as secret bases to make. So here is our breakdown of that:
- Players will be able to explore the Grand Underground beneath the Sinnoh region.
- You will be able to dig up fossils in a fun mini-game
- Build your own secret base and decorate it with Pokémon statues
- Explore the brand new Pokémon Hideaways. These include roaming Pokémon for you to battle. The Pokémon that appear will depend entirely on what statues you have in your base. There will even be exclusive Pokémon that only appear in the Hideaways
Super Contest Shows & Poke Ball Stickers
Outside of battling trainers and wild Pokémon, players may be wondering what to do with their furry friends. Well, the new trailer revealed some gameplay footage for the Super Contest Shows and Poké Ball stickers present in the remakes. Here is our breakdown of those:
- Players will be able to decorate their Poké Balls with stickers. The stickers you choose will affect the fancy flourishes that occur when you launch a Poké Ball
- You’ll be able to take part in the Super Contest Shows. These include a range of mini-games where you can show off your Pokémon.
- There’s a rhythm game in which you must keep in time with the music.
- Additonally, you can show off your Pokémon’s moves to see who’s the coolest
Details surrounding the Union Room were revealed during the Pokémon Presents. Here are the few details we got:
- The Union Room can be used both locally and online
- Players can trade and battle other players using the Union Room
Additional New Features
There were some extra features announced that are a little more cosmetic than the others discussed here. These include:
- The ability to change your outfit from a range of styles
- Your Pokémon will now walk behind you as you explore
New Nintendo Switch Lite
Finally, a brand new Nintendo Switch Lite was announced. It features the Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia on the back. It is launching on November 5th.
What Did You Think?
The Pokémon Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond remakes certainly feel a little more substantial with these new features. But we’d love to hear what you thought about these announcements. Let us know via our Twitter, Facebook and Instagram about your thoughts.