Dan Hernberg, Panic Button’s Head of Production, teased that he’d like to see the massively successful Early Access title, Valheim, ported to the Nintendo Switch.
Speaking with Nintendolife, Panic Button, the porting wizards who are behind the incredible ports of Doom Eternal and Apex Legends (among others) on the Nintendo Switch, said that they’d love to bring over Valheim.
“I’m not sure if this is my ‘any game pick’ but, right now I’m playing way too much Valheim and I would love to port that to Switch.”Dan Hernberg ~ Panic Button (via Nintendolife)
This isn’t the first time that a porting studio has teased bringing a hugely popular game over to the Nintendo Switch. Back in 2018, Iron Galaxy Studios, the team behind the Switch port of Skyrim, claimed they wanted to bring Monster Hunter: World over to the platform.
What Is Valheim?
In case you’ve been leaving under a Steam-devoid rock for the past few weeks, Valheim is an incredibly popular multiplayer survival title with a Viking twist. You must craft, build and fight your way through the perilous world of Valheim. Here’s the sort of things you can expect to find when exploring Valheim:
- Explore a massive procedurally-generated world filled with exotic epic landscapes and secrets to uncover. From vast, jagged, snow-topped mountain ranges to lush boundless meadows, this absolutely gorgeous world is filled with exciting things to do. Fend off menacing creatures of legend and hunting the local wildlife to survive!
- No Viking travels without their band of fierce allies! Gather your friends and experience Valheim with up to 9 other people! Of course, if you fancy yourself a lone wolf and wish to brave the wildlands alone, you absolutely can!Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation.
- It features a challenging dodge & block-based combat system with a wide range of weapons for you to experiment with!
- Whether it be a flimsy raft or a mighty warship filled with your finest warriors, you can build & sail ships to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- You can craft the finest armour and weapons, enjoy good food and mead and even battle against ancient monsters.
- Craft your own villages by constructing farms, mead halls, and castles!
Will It Come To Switch?
Honestly, probably not. I wonder if Dan Hernberg was perhaps thinking a little too wishfully? Especially as the title isn’t even out of Early Access yet! There’s a chance it may see a console port in the future, but I’d hazard a guess that it will skip the little console that could whenever it does. Would you like to see Valheim ported over to the Switch? Do you think it ever will be? Let us know down in the comments below!