2P Games and Hermit Games have announced that their upcoming anime-style rogue-like Nigate Tale will be releasing on Steam later this year.
Nigate Tale is an exciting rogue-like dungeon crawler that draws inspiration from Isekai anime. If you don’t know what that is, Isekai anime is a genre that focuses on normal humans who are whisked away to fantastical worlds. Think Spirited Away. Nigate Tale focuses on a young craftsman who is transported to an ever-changing castle who’s labyrinthian walls are filled with all sorts of nefarious beings.
What is Nigate Tale?
Nigate Tale is a rogue-like which means no run will ever be the same. The castle you inhabit will be constantly shifting, hiding not only the exit but the secrets buried deep within! You’ll have to fight your way through the castle as Roy, a young craftsman displaced in time and space! There’s a whole load on display here, so to make it nice and simple I’ve compiled a list of everything you can expect:
- Experience a dark and mysterious narrative within the depths of the castle
- Fight against fearsome enemies in fast-paced combat
- Equip a myriad of weapons, magical powers and a whole slew of skills
- Make friends with “cute monster ladies” who will offer you their services – fighting by your side of course
- Craft a whole range of equipment to better arm yourself
- Explore a visually stunning world inspired by anime
Release Date & Price
So far there aren’t too many details about Nigate Tale’s release date and price. We know that it will be launching on Steam Early Access in Q2 of 2021. They’ve also assured us that “a date [will] be specified very soon”. If you head on over to Nigate Tale’s Steam store page you can wishlist it to get updated whenever any new information drops. I know I sure will!