Developer Door 407 has announced that their upcoming Early Access tower defence city builder, Diplomacy is Not an Option, will be released in early February.
Diplomacy is Not an Option is the debut title of indie developer Door 407. It is launching into Steam Early Access very soon. After initially being announced to be released in Q3 of 2021, the game has now been delayed into early February. As a peace offering to anticipating fans, the developers have released a brand-new gameplay trailer. It showcases some of the game’s large scale warfare as well as its city-building gameplay.
You can check out the game’s new gameplay trailer here.
What Is Diplomacy Is Not An Option?
Diplomacy is Not an Option is a tower defence/city builder hybrid that seeks to offer players large scale battles. With rebels on either side of your paltry city, it would seem that diplomacy is no longer an option. It’s up to you to manage your settlement and raise an army capable of defending your city against the invading forces. You’ll have to think tactically about the placement of walls, towers and crossbows as well as how to efficiently fend off the enemy without taking too many losses. Here is some of what you can expect when the game launches next month:
- Manage your settlement’s food and population and ensure no diseases break out
- Take into consideration the placement of your troops as the laws of physics count for a lot in this trecherous world
- Put down a revolution that seeks to dethrone your king, search foreign lands for treasures and defend your land at all costs
- Build a stable economy that can handle a massive army, a functioning work force, aggressive expansion and secure cities
- Play in Endless Mode for a truly free and challenging experience
The new release date of Diplomacy is Not an Option is February 9th. If you simply cannot wait until then, you can try out the game’s demo. Additionally, you can head on over to its Steam store page and wishlist it to be notified of any future updates.