New Pokémon Snap has received its first major update since its launch, introducing new areas and more Pokémon.
In New Pokémon Snap, the player is a Pokémon photographer, who journies to various islands in the Lental region to take pictures of Pokémon. In doing so, you will also help Professor Mirror in investigating the Illumina phenomenon, where special plants and Pokémon glow. You can check out out our full review here.
Beginning at 1 am GMT on the 4th of August, New Pokémon Snap will include new adventures. Players will be able to download a free content update that includes stunning, new areas to visit and an additional 20 Pokémon to discover.
New Pokémon Snap Update Features
The latest update will include three stunning new areas to explore:
- Secret Side Path (Day/Night)
- Players will journey in the NEO-ONE as it shrinks down in the Secret Side Path. This will make all of the Pokémon look huge. You will also be able to hear their breathing and footsteps here.
- Mightywide River (Day/Night)
- The Mightywide River area is a nurturing water source, providing for the whole of Belusylva Island. Players will conduct research while riding down the river. So, they must always have their camera ready or they might miss something special.
- Barren Badlands (Day/Night)
- In this area, players will research the badlands of Voluca Island, where dry winds from the desert blow. From geysers to poisonous, gas-spewing swamps, the Barren Badlands has many peculiar features.
The three new areas will also include plenty of Pokémon. Some players might be familiar with a few Pokémon, which are already discoverable across the Lental region. Fortunately, there will be an additional 20 Pokémon that couldn’t be found before.
New Pokémon Snap is out now on Nintendo Switch, and the new free update will arrive on August 4th. For more information, you can visit Pokemon.co.uk/NewPokemonSnap.