A brand new edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake titled Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade has been announced for the PlayStation 5 and includes visual enhancements and a new story!
I’m yet to finish Final Fantasy VII Remake, but I’m having an absolute blast playing it. So, when a new edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced for the PlayStation 5, you bet my ears perked up! Involving a “brand-new episode” featuring Yuffie, as well as enhancements to the visuals and gameplay, the PS5 edition is set to be the ultimate version of the game!
What Was Announced?
Not a lot of information was given about the “brand-new episode” centred around Yuffie and Sonon, but the State of Play did share quite a few details on how the PS5 version will differ from the original PS4 version. There’s quite a lot that’s different here, and the side by side comparisons in the trailer really says it all! So, here’s everything that PlayStation announced for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade:
- A whole new story segment featuring Yuffie and Sonon as they head out on a mission to infiltrate the Shinra Corporation.
- Enhanced graphics, textures, fog effects and lighting on the PlayStation 5 version.
- A new graphics mode that prioritises high quality 4K graphics.
- There’s also a performance mode that will prioritise 60 frames per second.
- A Normal (Classic) difficulty mode has been added.
- Enjoy snapping some quality photos with a brand-new photo mode.
Players who already own Final Fantasy VII Remake on the PS4 can upgrade to the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5 for free! You will have to purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie separately, however. If you’ve already started on the PS4, then don’t worry, as you’ll be able to carry over your save data between platforms! Are you excited for Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade? Let us know down in the comments below!