Earth Defense Force: World Brothers was released on December 24th, 2020, but exclusively in Japan. After garnering significant success over there, publisher D3 Publisher Inc, have decided to bring it over to the West. This is the latest game in the EDF franchise, and is, for the very first time, using 3D voxel style graphics, akin to Minecraft. It will also mark the very first time an Earth Defense Force title has graced the Nintendo Switch.
What Is Earth Defense Force: World Brothers?
Earth Defense Force: World Brothers retains the same charm and scale as its predecessors while utilising its new 3D voxel art style. Seasoned EDF veterans will feel right at home using franchise favourite weapons and classes while going toe to toe with some familiar enemies. There’s a lot to unpack here, so I’ve compiled a nice list of everything you can expect when it launches this May:
- Use weapons and classes from across the EDF franchise, as well as new ones for players to experiment with
- Face against giant enemies across large scale environments
- Complete the campaign solo with AI teammates, or alongside up to three other people
- Play two-player offline split-screen on PS4, or four-player LAN on the Nintendo Switch (all players must have their own console and copy of the game)
- Experience a series first 3D voxel art style that lends itself nicely to environmental destruction
Release Date & Price
It will be launching this May 27th. Unfortunately, no price has been announced yet. However, based on the prices of previous iterations, it’s likely to be around £39.99 – £49.99. Will you be buying it when it launches later this year? Let us know down in the comments below.