Developed by Paralune and published by Nakana.io, the underwater adventure title Mythic Ocean is finally launching on consoles.
Mythic Ocean was released back on the 9th of January 2020 for Steam and later announced for consoles during the 2021 Wholesome Direct. When it first released it garnered favourable reviews, with 97% of reviews on Steam being positive. The game was announced for the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One during the Wholesome Direct, and now finally has release dates for both. This is the debut title for developer Paralune, a three-person game studio based in Texas.
What Is Mythic Ocean?
Mythic Ocean is an adventure game all about “nature, relationships, influence and empathy”. Payers must explore vast underwater environments and interact with a colourful cast of Gods. These Gods are trying to create a new world, and it through your advice and dialogue choices that they make their decisions. There are apparently “thousands of unique endings”, so it seems as if replayability would be practically endless. Here is some of what you can expect when Mythic Ocean launches for the Nintendo Switch and Xbox:
- Explore intricately detailed and unique underwater locations as you progress through the narrative
- Have meaningful and deep conversations with the various Gods
- Make impactful decisions that will influence the fate of the universe
- Meet a colourful cast of characters each brimming with their own bubbly personalities
- Don’t worry about combat, death or failure. This is a game all about the narrative and the challenge comes from getting the result you want through tough decision making
- Oh, and apparently there’s a breakdancing crab
Release Date & Price
Those excited for Mythic Ocean won’t have to wait long, as it is now available on the Nintendo Switch. It is launching for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S (via backwards compatibility) on July 9th. It will cost $14.99/£12.99/€14.99, however, if you want to try before you buy you can check out the demo available on both platforms.