Solo developer Crawley Games have announced that their debut title, Draft of Darkness, will be releasing into Early Access later this month.
Draft of Darkness is a survival-horror deck-building game described as “imagine Slay the Spire and Resident Evil had a gruesome baby!” The idea behind the Early Access title was to merge classic survival horror mechanics with that of modern-day deck-building roguelikes. The solo developer, Crawley Games, has set out to “construct experimental and creative games.” They’ve developed three mobile titles which are currently available over on the Google Play Store. However, Draft of Darkness will be their very first title released on PC.
You can watch the reveal trailer for Draft of Darkness here.
What Is Draft Of Darkness?
Draft of Darkness is set in a post-apocalyptic city plagued by darkness. The player must venture throughout procedurally generated worlds all while managing their party and resources. Don’t mistake this for some lighthearted romp. Oh no.
In Draft of Darkness, you must contend with a world that is truly out to get you. Infected creatures roam the wastes with only violence on their mind. Any statuses inflicted upon you in the deck-building based combat can last throughout your whole run if you’re not careful. There will be a whole slew of difficult decisions to make throughout your travels, with every action having a reaction. Here is some of what you can expect in Draft of Darkness:
- Venture through a world enshrouded in darkness all while ensuring your party don’t sucumb to radiation or infection
- Manage your weapons and resources carefully to be able to utilise your attack cards
- Never fear, death isn’t the end of your journey. Should you fall, you’ll be given credits to spend on booster packs and can unlock new starting cards
- Experience a narrative built around its “meta-story progression” system. Every decision you make can alter the outcome of the story, with each run having alternative choices available
- Explore tile-based procedurally generated dungeons full of horrors lurking around every corner
- Collect over 135 cards associated with 6 different weapon types
- Play as any of the 3+ heroes, encounter the 4+ companion archetypes, fight the 9+ bosses and 19+ unique enemies, and collect over 45 items,
- Oogle at the grungy, digitized 2D sprites as you explore low fidelity 3D environments
Release Date & Price
Draft of Darkness will release into Early Access on the 30th of July. It will cost $9.99/£7.19/€8.18, with a 10% discount running until the 6th of August. You can head on over to its Steam store page to wishlist it and be notified of any future updates.