Bohemia Interactive is bringing a unique Halloween event as well as multiple platform sales to DayZ. Steam’s Halloween Sale (October 29 – November 2), Sony’s Planet of Discounts (October 30 – November 20), and Xbox’s Shocktober sale (Now – November 2) will all see discounts of 40% off on DayZ and 20% off the Livonia DLC.
Known to some for kickstarting the battle royale genre, DayZ is an unforgiving open-world multiplayer game where you have to survive in a devastated world with 60 other people. To make matters worse, the world is overrun by an unforgiving Zombie population.
Bohemia Interactive will open special servers this Halloween weekend for players to experience a spooky variation of DayZ. The Halloween Event begins Wednesday, October 28 and finishes on Monday, November 2. During this time, everyone will have access to the new ghastly servers offering plenty of Halloween-inspired changes:
- Pumpkin (plant) spawns in farm areas
- There is an increased amount of light sources spawning
- Infected have a random chance to spawn with the Pumpkin Helmet or the red Headtorch
- Player spawns with an additional item (roadflare)
- It is always sunset. Fog increased as well.
- There is “dark” night for everyone
- Cows, Deers, Pigs, Roedeers and Boars don’t spawn.
- There are a lot more wolves pack in the map. They also hunt in a larger area of the map.
UPDATE 1.10.153518 Patch Notes
On top of the Halloween Event, there has also been a recent update to address a few changes to the core gameplay, including bug fixes, quality of life enhancements, and gameplay alterations.
You can see the full patch notes below for UPDATE 1.10.153518.
- Dried raw meat would still trigger diseases
- It was not possible to skin an animal using a hatchet
- The M4A1 could load flare ammunition
- The wetness badge is now showing up again (as soon as the first item can be wrung out)
- An incorrect amount of sticks was returned after building a shelter of a different type while having wooden sticks attached to it
- It was possible to destroy the placed Shelter Kit
- It was not possible to choose in between different shelter types when more than one material set was attached to the shelter site
- The action to build a shelter did not complete when holding a tool
- It was possible to over-stack Wooden Sticks using a fireplace
- It was not possible to unload a flare from the Signal Pistol when in standing or crouched position
- The shock hit effect was appearing delayed
- Lifetimes of items were lowered across the board (2 days have become 8 hours, 1 day has become 4 hours). This change may take up to 3 days to be in effect on the official Experimental servers
- Removed skinning from the shovel, as it was causing a conflict with the bury action
- Lowered the heat insulation of the Rain Coat
- Lowered the heat insulation of the Patrol gear
- Updated the tourist map for chernarus to include the latest coastline changes
- Flare light should illuminate its surroundings much better (using linear brightness falloff)
- Lowered the temperature loss of items when on the player
- Reduced the overall damage applied to tools
- Reduced the damage done to tools by burying ashes and players bodies by 60%
- Increased the health of the Stone Knife, Steak Knife and Kitchen Knife
- The Leather Shelter now requires 8 Tanned Leather to build
- The Tarp Shelter now requires 4 pieces of Tarp to build
- Increased the cargo space of Shelters to 10×10
- Lowered the character’s comfort temperature (making the character more resistant against cold)
- Increased the impact of altitude on the environmental temperature
- The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes
- In case of broken/splinted legs, the health of your legs now defines the character injury animation (slower with lower HP)
- Walking does not trigger shock damage when having a broken leg and not having a splint
- Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)
- Crossing waters (by walking or swimming) now makes the player freeze more
- The launcher was not showing the country of the language in the language selection
- Added admin log information on the Shelters