Warner Bros. Games and Turtle Rock Studios has released a free December update for Back 4 Blood, with solo offline campaign mode, limited-time seasonal content and more.
Back 4 Blood is a cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the Left 4 Dead franchise. It combines the intense zombie action with a deck builder and has received a bit of backlash in the process. Nonetheless, the latest update seems to push the game in the right direction, and can hopefully win back some fans.
The latest update finally introduces solo offline campaign mode with progression, supply points, achievements, and other unlockables. Progression can also be carried back and forth from the online mode. This update seems like a long time coming as it would have been a welcome addition at launch.
The December 2021 Update also introduces “Roving Merchants” which are limited time supply lines that players can spend Supply Points on. These supply lines will include holiday-themed in-game items like a reindeer antlers headband and many more. Furthermore, Burn Cards are a new set of cards in the game that can be utilised in saferooms to gain temporary effects, such as instant healing, currency boosts, increasing resistances, and more.
Back 4 Blood December Update Features
Here is a full rundown of all the new features in the December update:
- New solo offline campaign mode with progression
- New Roving Merchants supply lines
- Seasonal character skins, weapon skins, emblems, and sprays*
- New cards and brand-new card type, Burn Cards
- New zombie practice area
- Fort Hope holiday themed decorations
- Jukebox music tracks now adjustable via music slider
- Randomized character bots for solo mode
- Balancing adjustments to Recruit, Veteran and Nightmare difficulty levels
Back 4 Blood is available now for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. You can check out our review here.