Protocol Games and Raiser Games are proud to announce their survival-horror cult hit, Song of Horror, releases on consoles this May.
Originally an episodic release for the PC, Song of Horror will be coming to both PlayStation and Xbox consoles as one single release. This will see players play the same story their PC counterpart did, taking on a dark entity that reacts to the way you play.
“We’ve always been incredibly humbled by the reception Song of Horror received from PC players, and now’s the time to drag console players into the brooding mystery the game has to offer. The survival-horror genre has such a long & rich history on both PlayStation and Xbox that it feels like absolutely the right home for our little ode to all that has gone before to an audience that truly appreciates real scares.”Carlos Grupeli, Studio co-founder of Protocol Games.
You can check out the full console launch trailer here.
What is Song of Horror?
In Song of Horror, players must investigate the disappearance of the famed, elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher and his entire family. Song of Horror pays tribute to masterpieces of the survival-horror genre, where the focus is on non-combat adventure.
Therefore players must run and hide from the threat of “The Presence” as it follows their every move. Song of Horror’s goal is to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire playthrough.
- A supernatural entity controlled by AI (Artificial Intelligence) and reacts to your actions and decisions.
- Experience unbearable fear as you are hunted down in unexpected ways, offering a different experience each time you play.
- Each location is inspired by horror classics.
- Gather Clues and items that will help you solve challenging puzzles while enduring the game’s tense situations.
- Thirteen playable characters, each with their perspectives and skillsets. This allows you to approach clues and situations differently.
- The characters’ actions and decisions will shape the world. However, death is permanent, so you will have to play a different character if you die.
Song of Horror is coming to PlayStation and Xbox on the 28th of May. If you can’t wait until then, you can pick it up right now on Steam PC.