Merge Games are happy to announce that their first new content update for Smalland: Survive the Wilds is here in the form of the Giant’s Fall content update.
Smalland is an open-world survival game that invites players to explore a vast and immersive environment known as the “Land of the Small.” The game’s world is filled with dense forests, hazardous swamps, and mysterious ruins left over from a time before. Players can uncover hidden knowledge and lore from scattered NPCs throughout the world to learn how to survive in this vast wilderness.
Smalland: Survive the Wilds, a game developed and published in-house by Merge Games, made its debut on Steam and Epic Games Store in March. The game had been highly anticipated by players for years, and its launch week saw it reach a peak of over 52,000 daily players. Smalland has since become a popular choice for Twitch streamers, delivering over 1.5 million hours of viewing time and inspiring hundreds of YouTube videos.
What is the Giant’s Fall Content Update for Smalland: Survive the Wilds?
Smalland‘s latest update takes players on a thrilling adventure as they journey into the ruins of Giant’s Fall Chapel and explore the dark depths of the Crypt, in pursuit of ancient relics that will reveal the next chapter of the Smalland saga. This new expansion introduces two brand new NPCs, the Historian and Merchant, as well as a new enemy, the swarming Colony Spiders.
You can expect the following in the new Smalland update:
- Scale skyscraper-sized trees, navigate through cavernous cracks and discover unique biomes in Smalland’s open world
- Personalise your appearance, gain resistance to elements, and acquire abilities by crafting powerful armour sets
- Tame and ride wild creatures, from Geckos to Spiders, as you conquer the world and its inhabitants
- Scavenge, refine and craft resources to build encampments either on the ground or in the canopy
- Design and build a base that can follow you to any world by claiming a Great Tree
- Uncover ancient lore from hidden NPCs scattered throughout the world as you learn to survive in this hostile wilderness
- Play solo or with up to 9 additional friends in multiplayer mode with crossplay available between Steam and Epic Games Store.
Furthermore, the update also brings the Hornet mount, pyrite resource for crafting a new armour set and weapon, and new metal building parts to trade with the merchant. And if that’s not enough, players will also be able to wield Catapults to aid in their battles. You can check out the trailer here.
When Does Smalland: Survive the Wilds Giant’s Fall Content Update Release?
The Giant’s Fall Content Update Release for Smalland: Survive the Wilds is out now. Fans can buy the game now on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, and experience all the new changes immediately.