Ubisoft has announced their plans for Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 6 during the Rainbow Six Siege Community and Game Celebration.
Rainbow Six Siege dropped way back in 2015 and quickly garnered critical acclaim thanks to the support it has received over the years! It was nominated for The Game Awards “Best Ongoing Game” three years in a row due to the consistent updates made to the base game. Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 5 saw core updates such as Match Replay, six new Operators and a completely reworked Tachanka. Now, it’s Year 6 event is set to bring an even better experience for both new and old players alike, keeping the game as fresh as always!
Year 6 Roadmap
So, what’s in store for players in the Year 6 Roadmap? A whole slew of new features and Operators! Over the course of Year 6’s seasons, there will be tweaks to maps, 4 new Operators, and so much more! Below is a list of upcoming features included in the roadmap:
- Season 1 will bring the Argentinian attacker Flores and the rework of the map Border.
- In Season 2, a new Operator from the Nakoda Nations will be added, and the map Favela will be reworked.
- Season 3 will see an Operator from Croatia and three maps slightly reworked.
- Finally, Season 4 will see a final Operator from Ireland and a reworking of the map Outback.
The next big change that Year 6 will bring is alterations to player behaviour. This is done in an effort to make Rainbow Six Siege a fun game for all players and streamers alike. Changes include the introduction of the Reputation System, and improvements to Streamer anonymity. Below is a list of what’s been added:
- The Reputation System will be used to reward players who impact the game positively and punish those who act toxically
- Streamers will be allowed to hide information such as their name, region and ping, as well as hide everyone else in the match, thanks to a new tool that will be introduced in Year 6. It will also include a hidden matchmaking delay, and the ability to let streamers hide their current clearance level and profile image
Core Gameplay Updates & Quality Of Life
A whole slew of updates will be made to Rainbow Six Siege’s core gameplay to help make player’s experiences that much more enjoyable! There’s a new weapon coming, improvements will be made to the support phase, player deaths, the preparation phase, and how damage functions will be altered. There will also be an increased focus on improving server’s stability. Below is a list of everything that will be changed:
- The Gonne-6, a brand-new secondary weapon will be added. It can destroy any bulletproof gadget, adds an extra loadout option to players, and will be available in the Crimson Heist test server for operators Glaz, Dokkaebi, Lion, Finka, Gridlock, Amaru, Iana and Zero.
- Players will have the ability to control cameras and gadgets after their death. This will “intensify” the support phase in a game. I will also ensure that any eliminated player can still assist their teammates.
- Attackers will be able to change their Operators and loadouts as much as they’d like during the preparation phase of Attack and Defence.
- Armour will be switched to Health from now own to help players understand how much damage they’re able to take.
- Working closely in conjunction with Microsoft Azure, they aim to keep matchmaking time to a minimum and to improve servers’ stability. They’re also hoping to reduce the game size.
Rainbow Six Siege is a game that consistently gets better and better with each update. On top of everything already mentioned there will be changes made to customisation. These include players being able to adapt Elite skins. Ubisoft are also partnering with Capcom to create an Elite skin of Resident Evil’sJill Valentine. This will be available for Zofia. An additional Resident Evil x Rainbow Six Siege skin will be coming later in Year 6. Ubisoft has also partnered with Creative Director Ikumi Nakamura for a series of skins. These will start with Echo and Dokkaebi and will be releasing on March 2nd.
Now is the time to hop into Rainbow Six Siege and see what all the hype about if you haven’t already! Will you be trying out all the new updates made in Year 6? Let us know down in the comments below!