OverBorder Studio is teaming up with Team17 to release the punishing action role-playing game, Thymesia, later this year.
Set in a world ravaged by a plague, Thymesia will challenge players with fast-paced melee combat and weaponised diseases. Play as the mysterious character known as “Corvus” as you make your way through a kingdom of death while uncovering the truth in your own memories.
“The amount of enthusiasm from the community has been incredible and we’re happy to be working with Team17 on Thymesia. Their support has been instrumental in the game’s development, and we can’t wait to share the challenging world we’ve created with players later this year.”Moon Lee, Game Director, OverBorder Studio
What is Thymesia?
Corvus is the heart of the story in Thymesia. He is a strange character who can, quite literally, harness the plague. Players will engage in barbaric combat, combining fierce abilities, parries, and dodges to take down ruthless enemies. You will also be able to customise Corvus to match your playstyle. This will allow you to upgrade and improve various stats to assist in their journey to recover Corvus’ lost memories.
Thymesia looks to make a dent on the souls-like genre and offers various key features:
- As Corvus, players can wield diseases and use them as deadly weapons.
- Thymesia offers brutal gameplay, and players will need to use everything at their disposal to avoid death.
- Enemies are corrupted by the plague and will be unforgiving.
- Dark and deadly environments.
- Customise Corvus and test different builds.
- The game has a lot of replayability with multiple different endings available.
Thymesia is available to wishlist now on Steam with a tentative release date of December 31, 2021. You can check the trailer out here.
To keep up to date with all the information on Thymesia, you can follow Overborder Studio on Twitter, like them on Facebook, and join the Team17 Discord.