Developer Invader Studios and publisher Leonardo Interactive want you to revisit 90’s horror with a demo for Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle.
A prequel to 2019’s Daymare: 1998, Invader Studio continues to express its reverence for action horror with this new installment. A story-driven survival horror, the game explores the history of previous characters while introducing a brand new one. Subsequently, players will get to explore a creepy research center, overrun with nightmarish creatures.
What is Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle?
Firstly, H.A.D.E.S (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search) agent Dalila Reyes must investigate an experimental research facility. As such, like any 90’s horror film, this is when things go both progressively and horribly wrong. Thus, Dalila needs to eliminate horrific creatures, while hunting for documents and information. Enemies are violent, smart, and relentless, requiring Dalila to collect resources and weapons whenever possible.
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle will contain the following features:
- Annihilate hellish beings with devastating weapons like the crowd controlling Frost Grip
- Nostalgic vibes for 90’s horror
- Fear inducing enemies that may arise and adapt after being put down
- Fully redesigned inventory system
- Improved graphics, soundtrack, and sound effects from the previous game
- Analyze the environment to find clues to puzzles and obstacles
Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle is coming to PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One and Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam sometime this year. You can give the free demo a try during Steam Next Fest between February 21 and 28. A price is not yet available. Be sure to head over to the game’s Steam store page to wishlist it and be notified of any future updates.