Developer Shiro Games and publisher Shiro Unlimited have announced that their upcoming medieval open-world tactical RPG, Wartales, will launch this December.
Wartales is the latest title from veteran indie developer Shiro Games. Their previous work includes the popular genre-shifting series Evoland and the fantastic strategy game Northgard. Wartales is set to launch into Steam Early Access in December and remain there for around 12 months. According to the game’s Steam store page, the developers “expect [it] to change and grow wildly over the course of the Early Access program”. Their plan is to “heavily involve the community” throughout the Early Access period to help improve the game and let it reach its full potential.
You can check out our demo preview for Wartales here.
Check out the game’s Early Access trailer here.
What Is Wartales?
Wartales is an epic medieval open-world tactical RPG in the same vein as the Mount & Blade games. The player will have to lead a band of mercenaries to victory and glory through whatever means necessary. You’ll have to fight against unruly bands of bandits and monsters, help out local villages and build up your group. Here is some of what you can expect to see in Wartales:
- Explore a stunningly detailed world full of fascinating places to visit
- Engage in a unique turn-based combat system where every fight could be your last
- Recruit a number of exciting new companions each with their own special traits
- Take on contracts to defend villages or collect bounties to hunt down bandits
- Enhance and improve your band of mecenaries through crafting and a deep RPG customisation system
- Build upon your camp to help boost your party’s morale
Release Date & Price
Wartales is due to launch into Steam Early Access on December 1st. It is set to cost $34.99 with a slight price increase after leaving Early Access. Additionally, it also has a demo available now for those who wish to try before they buy. Head on over to the game’s Steam store page to wishlist it and be notified of any future updates.