Glitchpunk, the cyberpunk-themed game “with an old-school GTA 2 feel” will be launching into Early Access later this year with “approximately eight hours” of content.
Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Dark Lord have announced a whole slew of new information concerning the upcoming top-down cyberpunk action game, Glitchpunk. The most notable piece of news is the changing of its first playable city. Instead of the proposed Outpost Texas players will be able to explore New Baltia. Outpost Texas is set to arrive “in three to four weeks” after the Early Access phase starts. New Baltia will offer players eight hours of play at launch. Outpost Texas will then add an additional “six to eight hours of play” when it releases. Additionally, two more cities called Neo Tokyo and Moscow are to be added later on during the Early Access process.
What Is Glitchpunk?
If the infamously glitchy Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t do it for you, then you might want to take a gander at Glitchpunk. It is a top-down cyberpunk-themed action game inspired by Grand Theft Auto 2. Players will take on the role of a glitching android. Their job is to go against their own programming and challenge the oppressive governments and megacorps. While Glitchpunk is predominately a game about shooting, brawling, driving and stealing your way through the neon-soaked cities, it also “tells a compelling story” centred around transhumanism, xenophobia and religion. Here is some of what you can expect when Glitchpunk launches into Early Access:
- Explore a vast city packed with its own unique gangs, stories, quests and culture
- Take out anything that stands in your way with the “massive arsenal of weapons” made available to you
- Travel through the neon-soaked streets in style by using anything from a train, tank bus or truck to a whole heap of cars
- Outrun the police – should things get hot and spicy – in frantic police chases with up to 10 wanted levels
- Experience a mature story that explores meaningful themes across several endings
- Listen to the jam-packed radio featuring music by artists from all over the world
Release Date & Price
Glitchpunk will be coming to Steam Early Access this August 11th. Upon launch, a detailed roadmap will be released, showcasing everything that is set to come to the game throughout the Early Access process. Head on over to its Steam store page to wishlist it and be notified of any future updates.