The special program on February 4th announced that the next Genshin Impact update, Version 2.5: When the Sakura Bloom, arrives on February 16th, 2022.
The new update promises the usual new characters, enemies, bosses, exploration zones, but also more laid back bartending and obstacle course events.
The subject of the first banner and new character for this update is the hotly anticipated Yae Miko. Overseer of the Grand Narukami Shrine, owner of the Yae Publishing House and close confidant to the Raiden Shogun herself, the fox deity is a 5-star Electro catalyst user. Yae Miko’s attacks focus heavily on inflicting AoE damage.
After the expiration of Yae Miko’s exclusive banner, Raiden Shogun and Kokomi Sangonomiya will appear simultaneously on a double rerun banner for the remainder of the version.
On the same day, miHoYo teased yet another anticipated character on Twitter, Kamisato Ayato, the older brother of the 5-star Cryo sword user, Kamisato Ayaka. It is currently unknown whether he will finally make his first appearance in the upcoming update or later.
Finally, Yun Jin, the 4 star Geo polearm user introduced in update 2.4, will henceforth be available on the permanent banner.
The new version also introduces two new weapons. Oathsworn Eye is a 4-star catalyst with ATK as the main stat and an Energy Recharge focused Weapon Skill.
Kagura’s Verity is a 5-star catalyst with CRIT DMG as the main stat and an Elemental DMG focused Weapon Skill. It’s also Yae Miko’s signature weapon.
Deeper Into Enkanomiya
The nether region introduced in the last update hasn’t yet revealed all its secrets. In the upcoming version, players will have the chance to delve deeper into the depths of Enkanomiya.
With new areas to explore, new threats also emerge. In version 2.5, those threats are the Shadowy Husks. These black-clad armoured warriors who roam the bowels of Enkanomiya come in three forms. The Standard Bearers are Pyro element and their weapon is a banner staff. The Defenders are Cryo bow users. Lastly, Line Breakers are Hydro lancers.
So far, only the Standard Bearers’ full skillset has been revealed: When a Standard Bearer hits a character protected by a Geo shield, it automatically applies a Geo shield to itself and all Shadowy Husks nearby.
Shadowy Husks are merely footsoldiers. Therefore, a familiar and more powerful sight looms in the form of the Raiden Shogun or her puppet as it would seem. The livestream revealed a brand new boss in the effigy of Raiden Shogun. Considering how the Traveller’s previous conflict with the Shogun ended, it will be interesting to see how the next one could come about. Regardless of the story, it’s most likely that she will become another weekly boss much like Signora or Childe.
The Genshin Impact Update 2.5 brings a plethora of old and new events to the game.
- The Three Realms Gateway Offering is an exploration event taking place in Enkanomiya. Through the completion of this event, players can obtain the Oathsworn Eye catalyst weapon.
- Divine Ingenuity is a brand new customizable Domain for the player’s enjoyment. Similar to a game like Geometry Dash, players can build their own obstacle course with traps, coins and puzzles, which can be shared with other players.
- Of Drink A-Dreaming is the previously mentioned bartending event. Players will get the opportunity to bartend at Diluc’s tavern mixing drinks for various Genshin Impact characters.
- Overflowing Mastery is one of the returning events. As usual, during its course, players can double the rewards collected from Domains up to three times a day.
- Hyakunin Ikki is another returning event. This tag-team battleground event requires using trial characters and secret arts to prevail over enemies.
Finally, the 2.5 update brings two new Story Quests. The first Story Quest is Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II, Raiden Shogun’s second quest. The other Story Quest is Divina Vulpes Chapter: Act I, Yae Miko’s maiden Story Quest. Both quests will dive into Inazuma’s past while exploring the relationship between Raiden Shogun and Yae Miko throughout Inazuma’s fraught history of war and uneasy peace.
Genshin Impact Version 2.5: When the Sakura Bloom will be available on February 16th, 2022.