Indie developer Nuke Nine and publisher BlitWorks have announced that they are finally porting the roguelite platformer Vagante to the Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
Vagante is the debut title of three-person development studio Nuke Nine. Since its launch onto Steam back in 2018, it has received mass critical acclaim. Of the 2,998 user reviews on Steam, 90% of them were positive. It also garnered a 4 out of 5 from the review site We Got This Covered. It has been in development for five years and after a successful launch into Steam Early Access, it is finally coming to consoles.
You can check out the game’s console launch trailer here.
What Is Vagante?
Vagante is a class-based roguelite in which you explore procedurally generated dungeons with up to three friends. It features class customisation, challenging combat, four unique areas to explore, bosses to overcome and secrets to uncover. The developers have stated that they took inspiration from classic titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre and Vagrant Story when making their game. Here is some of what you can expect when it comes to consoles:
- Explore four distinct locations each with their own unique monsters, bosses and traps
- Choose the class, skin and background that best suits your playstyle
- Delve deep into procedurally generated dungeons
- Unlock permenant buffs to aid you in your next run
- Discover encanted items to make you stronger
- Unlock various feautres such as extra classes, backgrounds and music
- Play with up to three of your friends
Release Date & Price
Vagante is releasing on the Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch this January 27th. It will cost $14.99/€13.99.