Developed by Prime Time, Bygone Dreams is an upcoming third-person action-adventure title that puts the player in a surreal world against epic bosses.
Bygone Dreams is a high-fantasy surreal adventure game centred around a world being devoured by an all-consuming Nightmare. Developed by a new team based in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bygone Dreams aims to fuse traditional high-fantasy with Slavic mythology and medieval Bosnian folklore. Before even releasing, Bygone Dreams has managed to snatch up various awards and accolades. According to its Steam store page, Bygone Dreams was a finalist in the WN Dev Contest for Unreal Engine Developers and the winner of the Reboot Develop Visual Excellence Award.
What Is Bygone Dreams?
Bygone Dreams is a third-person action-adventure game that puts players in the role of a spirit known as Wa. After the dreamland of Lume is threatened by a Nightmare, the player must set off in search of the world’s Guardians. Once worshipped and revered, they are now the only beings powerful enough to prevent the total annihilation of the world. Unfortunately, they too have been corrupted by the Nightmare, and so in order to gain their help, you must first take them down. Here’s some of what you can expect when Bygone Dreams launches on Steam later this year:
- Experience an epic narrative that features over 2 hours of full voiced cutscenes
- Explore the vast and surreal world of Lume
- Come toe to toe with dozens of bosses in epic fights
- Utilise melee weapons, ranged weapons and magic to vanquish your foes
- Play through the main story on Normal difficulty, or challenge yourself with the Heroic mode that features revamped boss fights and additional Heroic-only bosses
- Unlock handcrafted higher difficulty levels
- Listen to the epic 50 track orchestral soundtrack composed using traditional Bosnian instruments and melodies
Release Date & Price
There is currently no word on the game’s release date nor price. The only information we have to go on is a tentative 2021 release date on Steam. However, the developers have confirmed that it will be releasing on consoles shortly after the PC launch. Head on over to its Steam store page to wishlist it and be notified whenever any new information drops. Will you be picking up Bygone Dreams? Let us know in the comments below.