Developers X PLUS and Sonzai Games have announced their latest game at this year’s BitSummit Indie Game Showcase, Bat Boy.
Bat Boy is being co-developed by X PLUS and Sonzai Games. It comes after X PLUS’ two recently released titles, Smelter and Super Sami Roll. Both of their previous efforts have garnered favourable reviews on Steam. Smelter, a platformer-RTS hybrid, received 75% positive reviews on Steam. Similarly, Super Sami Roll – which was developed by Sonzai Games and published by X PLUS – their Super Mario 64 style platformer, has received a 100% positive score across its 11 reviews. Bat Boy, their upcoming 2D platforming adventure, seems set to continue their legacy of well-received games.
If you want to check out some Bat Boy gameplay, you can watch its gameplay trailer here.
What Is Bat Boy?
Bat Boy puts players in the role of Ryosuke, a high-school kid with a secret identity. Ryosuke and his friends make up a super-hero style team of sports stars. As the titular Bat Boy, you must rescue your fellow teammates from Lord Vicious who is hellbent on ruining everyone’s day. Alongside a one-time villain and “mouthy crow” Garou, you’ll have to save your brainwashed friends. Here is some of what you can expect in Bat Boy:
- Explore a vast world full of trecherously exciting enviroments
- Platform your way to victory in this 2D platforming adventure
- Bash the heads of your foes, deflect their weapons and spin to your hearts content with the exciting baseball-style combat
- Embue yourself with your allies powers once you’ve rescued them from Lord Vicious
- Listen to the blood-pumping soundtrack by Evader Music as you bash your foes to simthereens
- Meet a colourful cast of characters, take down dozens of enemies and come toe-to-toe with fearsome bosses
- Discover hidden secrets, collect sweet collectibles, unlock additional music and more
Release Date & Price
Not much information was given regarding the game’s release date and price. However, what we do know is that it will be releasing on PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch and Steam.