Indie developer Lunaris Games have released their queer, narrative-driven, supernatural visual novel, When The Night Comes, onto Steam.
Released back in 2018 onto Lunaris Games’ itch.io page, When The Night Comes has seen quite the update since. In 2020 the developers announced they were moving the game over to Unity, improving the art and UI as well as adding mini-stories. Since then, they’ve added voice acting as well as numerous other changes in what they referred to as the “ReVamp” version. Now, the new and improved version of When The Night Comes is finally ready and available on both itch.io and Steam.
What Is When The Night Comes?
When The Night Comes is a queer, narrative-driven visual novel that puts the player in the role of a Hunter. Your task is to help the little town of Lunaris solve “unsettling and unexplained supernatural murders”. Along the way, you’ll encounter all sorts of creatures from witches and vampires to demons and Lycans. According to the developer, When The Night Comes is “an inclusive story about finding a home and a family in the most unlikely of places.” Here is some of what you can expect in When The Night Comes:
- Decide your character’s name and pronouns
- Choose between six individual romances with a diverse and queer cast of characters to choose from
- Alternatively you can engage in two polyamorous pairings or pick the no-romance mode
- Experience a wonderful narrative across 6 hours of playtime per romance route
- Immerse yourself in the world of Lunaris thanks to over 2,000 voiced lines from talented voice actors
- Collect various codex entries, over 60 CGs and three post-game mini-stories
- Replay over and over to see the game’s multiple endings