The Viking open-world survival game, Valheim, has surpassed one million sales on Steam in its first week of Early Access release.
In a post on the official Valheim Steam community, developer, Iron Gate, stated the game’s player count is the equivalent of “roughly 8,333 Viking-crammed longboats”. Iron Gate also said, “We really want to thank you for the incredible support you’ve already shown us, with 160,000 peak concurrent users and over 127,000 peak viewers on Twitch on our first week alone.”
What is Valheim?
Valheim, released on February 3rd, is the latest survival craft to blow up on Steam Early Access. You arrive in Valheim after you died honourably in battle. You are tasked with “Odin’s ancient rivals and bringing order to Valheim”.
The vast world contains many forests and snow-capped mountains for you to explore while finding the necessary materials to craft better gear. There are Viking strongholds and outposts to take on, and you can build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of England.. or other lands.
- Explore a massive procedurally-generated world filled with exotic epic landscapes and secrets to uncover. From vast, jagged, snow-topped mountain ranges to lush boundless meadows, this absolutely gorgeous world is filled with exciting things to do. Fend off menacing creatures of legend and hunting the local wildlife to survive!
- No Viking travels without their band of fierce allies! Gather your friends and experience Valheim with up to 9 other people! Of course, if you fancy yourself a lone wolf and wish to brave the wildlands alone, you absolutely can! Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation.
- It features a challenging dodge & block-based combat system with a wide range of weapons for you to experiment with!
- Whether it be a flimsy raft or a might warship filled with your finest warriors, you can build & sail ships to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- You can craft the finest armour and weapons, enjoy good food and mead and even battle against ancient monsters.
- Craft your own villages by constructing farms, mead halls, and castles!
- There’s so much more to do across the beautiful world of Valheim! So, what are you waiting for, Viking?
Upcoming Valheim Updates
Iron Gate has many updates coming up for Valheim! So, if this interests you, go and check it out over on Steam Early Access before it is too late. It is currently priced at A$ 28.95/£15.49/$19.99, which is an absolute steal for Steam’s top-selling game.