Indie developer Forust and publisher Leoful have announced that their “office adventure game” The Company Man will release on the Nintendo Switch later this month.
The Company Man is an upcoming action-platformer focused on the miserable grind of working in an office. Inspired by the hit US adaptation of the TV show The Office, this indie is all about working your way to the top by whatever means necessary. Its funky (and admittedly catchy) trailer showcases the game’s lively animation style visuals and fast-paced gameplay. It also was one of the Honorable Mentions on Forbes’ list of the top 10 indie games of 2021.
Check out the game’s Nintendo Switch reveal trailer here.
What Is The Company Man?
The Company Man is an action-platformer in which you take on the role of Jim. You work at the Good Water Company and find yourself dissatisfied with your job. So, what else is there to do than to wack a few fellow employees with your keyboard and overthrow your boss? You’ll dart across varied levels, platform your way across an impossibly dangerous office and hopefully confront the company’s CEO once and for all. Here is some of what you can expect in The Company Man:
- Platform your way across a plethora of hand-painted levels including Human Resources and Marketing
- Beat up your coworkers with your trusty keyboard
- Immerse yourself in a humourous narrative about corporate life filled with wit and puns
- Test your workplace mettle by taking of waves of coworkers in secret gauntlet dungeons
- Play regardless of your skill level thanks to a range of difficulty options
- Drink a lot of coffee. Like a lot
Release Date & Price
The Company Man is launching on the Nintendo Switch worldwide on January 21st. For those living in Asia, you’ll be able to pick up a physical edition just a few days later on the 26th. It is set to cost $19.99/ €19,99/¥2,400. You can preorder the game right now on the eShop with a 10% launch discount. Additionally, if you want to try before you buy you can download a free demo.