Featured at the Steam Game Festival, Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight is an exploration platformer inspired by late-90’s collect-a-thon platformers. It’s being developed by triple-A artist-turned-game developer nocras, who has worked on titles such as The Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nocras spoke about how they enjoyed working on other projects but felt it was time to move onto their own title.
“I enjoy making 2D and 3D art for myself and others, but I felt a need to express myself and the beauty of the world, which I could only do properly through a video game of my own […] It also feels like the world unfairly abandoned the collect-a-thon platformer, and I want to bring that genre back with beautiful visuals that create the same sense of melancholy and joy that I originally felt in my youth.”nocras
What Is Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight?
Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight is a platformer with an East-Asian twist. Set in a mysterious Far-Eastern fantasy world, inspired by the art, culture and geography of East Asia, Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight puts players in the role of Yukumo. You must journey through dungeons, temples and the lush and vibrant landscapes of this fantastical world, all while developing the hub world inhabited by the Nezu Tribe. Here’s everything you can expect when Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight launches later this month:
- Explore a range of unique locations inspired by East Asia
- Jump, dash and fly your airship across multiple platforming areas including temples, dungeons and cherry blossom-covered gardens
- Uncover new areas as you progress through the game
- Unlock new outfits
- Decorate your own home with unlockable items
- Take pictures of your epic journey with the in-game photo mode
- Play at your own pace and never worry about life gauges or hit counters
- Enjoy a chilled-out soundtrack by Ujico*
Release Date & Price
Tasomachi: Behind The Twilight launches this April 14th. As of yet, no price has been announced. However, if you head on over to its Steam store page you can wishlist it and be notified when announcements are made. Will you be picking it up later this month? Let us know down in the comments below.