Publisher, Daedalic Entertainment, and developer, Mimimi Games, are bringing us back to the Edo era with Aiko’s Choice, an expansion to 2016’s stealth tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
With a 96% approval rating on Steam for Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, expectations are high for Aiko’s Choice. This standalone expansion is set in Japan during the Edo period, with players following the kunoichi Aiko as she tackles the demons of her past. Stealth is your prime asset as Aiko and her team use tools of the trade to dispatch enemies. You choose whether to strike from the shadows without a trace or move silently and unseen to the next objective.
What is Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice?
Aiko’s Choice gives players control of a group of assassins, with the story focusing on Aiko, one of the protagonists from the main game. Having run from her past, Aiko is thrust into a new journey when a ghost from her old life reemerges. Aiko herself is skilled in deception and disguises, but each team member has their own specialties when it comes to avoiding detection and dispatching the opposition. Playing through the first level of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun might help catch you up to speed with gameplay, but the game is not needed to enjoy Aiko’s Choice.
Here are some key features you have to look forward to when Aiko’s Choice becomes available:
- Dispatch enemies or move around unseen with a team of stealth specialists
- Takedown enemies with non-lethal strikes or deadly assassination techniques
- Plan your moves and tackle each obstacle your way
- Revisit the stunningly beautiful Edo period Japan
- Experience Aiko’s personal adventure set within the main story of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
- Complete three new main missions and three interlude missions
- Explore brand-new environments
- Strike your enemies all at once with the “Shadow Mode” feature
Release Date & Price
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice is set to release for PC in late 2021. It is available to wishlist on Steam, and you can check out the reveal trailer here.