With the help of Flynn’s Arcade, Paper Games are happy to announce that their Tetris-inspired game, Papertris, is coming to Nintendo Switch.
While this is Paper Games’ first title, they have a demo available for their second game. Allakin is a 3D platformer with cartoon drawings and puzzle elements and will release sometime in 2023. Flynn’s Arcade, the publisher behind the Nintendo Switch release, is known for publishing some amazing indie games. This includes incredible titles like What Comes After, Dexter Stardust, and Lambs on the Road.
What is Papertris?
Papertris is a modern take on the classic puzzle game that has been designed with a lot of fun and inventiveness by a family with young kids. In Papertris, coloured cubes dissolve in all six possible directions, giving you complete control over where to place your cubes. But that’s not all. There are also power cubes and numerous possible combinations to keep you engaged and entertained for hours on end.
What sets Papertris apart from other arcade puzzle games is the fact that it was made with a lot of love and care by a family with young children. In fact, the kids themselves hand-painted the majority of the game, giving it a beautiful and playful charm.
You can expect Papertris to offer:
- A Challenge mode, with various tasks where the player has to solve tasks in order to get to the next level
- Endless mode, which gets faster and more difficult from level to level, you can score points as long as you can
- A two-player versus mode that demands tactical skill in which players can use numerous combos to send each other blocking cubes to block the opponent’s options
- Combinations of the cubes in all six directions
- Atmospheric music
- Icon option for colour-blind people
- Dark mode
- Full Controller support
Papertris is out now on PC via Steam. If you want to play the game on Nintendo Switch, you’ll have to wait until March 30, 2023.