Oddworld Soulstorm, by developer Oddworld Inhabitants, got a brand-new trailer in today’s state of play, offering detail on some of its game mechanics and its epic narrative!
In Oddworld Soulstorm you’ll take on the role of Abe the Mudokon who accidentally stumbles his way into the role of leader of a growing revolution! Abe has been around for a long time, starting off in the first game of the Oddworld quintology, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty! He’s back for more Glukkon ass-whooping, and to save over 1,000 workers!
What Was Announced?
A whole slew of gameplay features were announced for the upcoming Oddworld Soulstorm. We got information about the stealth mechanics, some returning features and mechanics centring around all those poor Mudokons you’ll have to save! There’s a lot on offer here, and even as someone who isn’t usually partial to these kinds of games, I’m actually really excited for Oddworld Soulstorm! Here is everything that was announced for Oddworld Soulstorm:
- Explore a dynamic 2.9D world set in the Oddworld universe
- Take on the role of Abe and do your best to save over 1,000 workers while avoiding the Glukkon wrath
- Experience an epic tale featuring Abe and his quest for revolution
- Immerse yourself in the world and even feel Abe’s heartbeat via the DualSense wireless controller
- Scavenge for loot and pickpocket items to help both you and your workers
- Utilise your fellow Mudokons in completing puzzles to help you all escape
- Play either lethally or non-lethally and adapt to any and all challenges you’ll face
- Use Abe’s iconic possession ability to take control of your enemies
- Avoid environmental hazards and traps as well as all those pesky Glukkons
Oddworld Soulstorm is releasing on April 6th, and any PS+ member can get it completely for free on the PlayStation 5 when it launches! Are you excited for Oddworld Soulstorm? Let us know down in the comments below!