Square Enix has announced a thrilling handful of extra content that upcoming game, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139, will include at launch – free for players!
What Is NieR Replicant?
Before we dive into the exciting new additions NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 will include, let’s start by explaining a bit more about the game.
Back in 2017, the NieR series found great success with their popular action RPG, NieR: Automata; it released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game became a household favourite due to its compelling storyline and gameplay. But what many people don’t know is that NieR: Automata is not the first NieR game – it’s actually the sequel.
In 2010, PS3 and Xbox360 saw the release of NieR Replicant and NieR Gestalt, two alternate versions of the same original game. NieR Replicant featured a young protagonist, whereas NieR Gestalt featured an older one.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is an updated, modern version of the original Nier Replicant, which only saw release in Japan. For the first time, the game is not only being released with updated visuals, but it’s releasing worldwide. Great news for those of us outside Japan, at least.
What are the new features?
While a remake of a fan-favourite is good news, it’s always better when extra content makes it even sweeter. Well, that’s exactly what you should expect from the upcoming release of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139. Here’s the rundown of the new content included at release – at no extra cost to players!
- An extra episode – this re-release will include one entirely new, never-before-seen plotline to enjoy. Look out for the Mermaid episode as you play, featuring a wrecked ship and an exhilarating new boss battle
- 15 Nightmares extra dungeons – previously released as DLC content for the Japanese version of the game, 15 Nightmares lets players tackle a series of challenging dungeons. Play to unlock a variety of weapons and costumes to customise your game
- NieR: Automata soundtrack – complete your first playthrough to unlock the option to play NieR: Automata tracks in your new game
- NieR: Automata cameos – The new game will feature both the English and Japanese voice-actors of 2B and 9S.
- Free costume pack – as if the 15 Nightmares costumes weren’t enough, you will also be able to download the free costume pack, 4 YoRHa. This will let you swap character’s costumes and weapons to fan favourite designs from NieR: Automata, including 9S, 2B and A2!
When is the release?
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is set for launch for the PS4, PC, and the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X, on April 23, 2021.
If, like us, you can’t wait for more NieR content, then check out Square Enix‘s live-action commercial, released over the weekend.