Please Note: These locations on saltpeter were based on the New World Open Beta and will be subject to change at launch. Though, we will be updating the areas promptly.
Saltpeter is an early crafting resource in New World that is one of the key ingredients in making the Cartridges required for the Musket.
What Do You Need Saltpeter For?
Saltpeter is a tier-one crafting resource in New World, but it’s essential for those who want to use the Musket. It is used to make Gunpower, which can be crafted with one saltpeter, two flints, and five charcoal. Furthermore, Gunpowder is an active ingredient in Cartridges. However, there are also a few different Cartridges available in the game:
- Iron Cartridges (Level 1)
- Steel Cartridges (Level 50 Engineering)
- Starmetal Cartridges (Level 100 Engineering)
- Orichalchum Cartridges (Level 150 Engineering)
Where to Find Saltpeter
Saltpeter is located in basically every cave and quarry in New World. When you first begin on the shipwreck at the beach, you receive a quest called “Remnant of Doom” from your initial quest master. This quest will send you to a nearby cave of Corruption, Torrentdawn Cave, where you will have to defeat the Corrupted Chaplain. Once defeated, you are free to explore, which will be your earliest introduction to the natural mineral.
You must also make sure you have at least a Flint Pickaxe on you to mine the mineral. It is usually located near the sides of the cave.
Here are a few locations where you can find saltpeter:
- Dankfur Hollow, which is located south of Windsward Village. This place of interest has a few resource nodes ready for harvest.
- Howling Falls, which is the First Light Settlement.
- Fullmoon Den, which is the First Light Settlement.
- Letum’s Peak
- Graymane Burrow
- Brighteye Den
- Snaggletooth Burrow
- Graymane Burrow
- Ebonrock Quarry, which is located in the northwest region of Everfall. This is more of a late game location, but it has a very high concentration of Saltpeter. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Corrupted to battle at the same time.
Please Note: These locations were based on the New World Open Beta and will be subject to change at launch. Though, we will be updating the areas promptly.