Please Note: This guide on Cartridges is based on the New World Open Beta and will be subject to change at launch. Though, we will be updating the guide promptly.
Cartridges are a type of craftable Ammo in New World, and they are required to shoot the Musket weapon. There are a few different types, but fortunately, they are easy to obtain.
Types of Cartridges
There are a few different Cartridges available in the game:
- Iron (Level 1) – Uses Iron Ingots
- Steel (Level 50 Engineering) – Uses Steel Ingots
- Starmetal (Level 100 Engineering) – Uses Starmetal Ingots
- Orichalchum (Level 150 Engineering) – Uses Orichalchum Ingots
How to Craft Cartridges (Bullets) in New World
To make Cartridges (or bullets) in New World, you need to head to any major town’s Workshop — the Workshop must be Tier 2 to offer it. If you open up your map (by pressing the ‘M’ Key), you can easily spot the workshop icon. Cartridges require the following elements to craft:
- 4 Ingots (This depends on what type of Cartridges you are after) – made from smelting ore at a Smelter.
- 1 Linen – must be crafted at a Loom with Fiber. Fiber is obtained from hemp plants, which are found in forests and grasslands.
- 1 Gunpowder – must be crafted. Scroll down for a detailed explanation.
How to Craft Gunpowder
Gunpowder is the most challenging ingredient to find out of the three, and it must be crafted from materials as well. These include:
- 5 Charcoal – can be made from putting wood in the smelter.
- 2 Flint – is practically everywhere on the coastlines and in shallow water.
- 1 Saltpeter – can be found in caves. You can check out our Saltpeter guide here.
If you don’t feel like crafting, you can also buy cartridges at the Trading Post and Faction Shops. Make sure you are always on the lookout early for some of the collectable resources, such as Saltpeter, Flint and Hemp, as they always come in handy.
Please Note: This guide is based on the New World Open Beta and will be subject to change at launch. Though, we will be updating the guide promptly.