Maritime Calling is an upcoming roguelike adventure game set at sea in which players must command a ship and its crew through thick and thin. Tiamat Games have taken inspiration from the hit film Master and Commander as well as other indie darlings including FTL: Faster Than Light. They’ve been developing the game for quite some time, and have brought it over to Kickstarter to bring it into its final stages of development. The team are asking for €18,000/£15,419 and include a €75,000 stretch goal which would see Maritime Calling ported over to consoles.
What Is Maritime Calling?
Maritime Calling is a roguelike RPG simulation game centred around a ship and its ragtag crew. It is aiming for realism while adhering to today’s standards of video game design. It is attempting to balance the very fine line between being as realistic as possible and yet still entertaining. Here’s everything you can expect when Maritime Calling launches later this year:
- Experience immersive and authentic ship steering. You’ll have to prep the sails and measure for wind direction to avoid colliding with anything on your journey
- Organise your crew by setting shifts and tasks, quashing any fights between crew members and handling rations
- Explore a vast world and set out on expeditions to mysterious islands to uncover the treasures that lie within
- Build your crew’s stats by accumulating and distributing experience points
- Discover an ever-changing world that will make no two playthroughs the same
Release Date & Price
Maritime Calling is set to release in Q3 of 2021 and will set you back €20/£18 for the early backer option, or €25/£22 for the standard version. Head on over to their Kickstarter page for more details, and pledge as much or as little as you’d like. Does this look like your kind of game? Will you be backing it? Let us know down in the comments below!