With E3 2021 coming to a close it was up to the “Most Anticipated Game” award to wrap up everything that had been showcased thus far.
Most Anticipated Game Award
E3 2021 has been quite the event. Despite only lasting for a few days, we’ve seen some of the most anticipated and hyped announcements this gaming generation has ever seen. Bethesda revealed gameplay footage for their upcoming title Starfield during the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase. Nintendo finally unveiled Breath of the Wild 2 gameplay showing off impressive exploration. Even Gearbox clambered aboard the hype train with their reveal of the next instalment in the Borderlands franchise, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands.
So, it seems fitting that this year’s E3 ended with the anticipated award show. The winners for each award were voted by the E3 media partners. These included IGN, Future Games (PC Gamer and GamesRadar), GameSpot, Polygon, IGN China and Game Bonfire. In order to qualify for an award, developers had to have presented more than one game during their showcase. This, therefore, disqualifies Bandai Namco. The award show was preceded by a 15-minute long panel about Black representation in gaming.
Here is the full list of awards below:
- Most Anticipated Ubisoft Game: Mario + Rapids: Sparks of Hope
- Most Anticipated Gearbox Software Game: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
- Most Anticipated XBOX & Bethesda Game: Halo: Infinite
- Most Anticipated Square Enix Game: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Most Anticipated Game from PC Gaming Show: Songs of Conquest
- Most Anticipated Game from Future Gaming Show: Immortality
- Most Anticipated Intellivision Game: Asteroids
- Most Anticipated Indie Game: Falling Frontier
- Most Anticipated from Freedom Games: Airborne Kingdom
- Most Anticipated Capcom Game: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Most Anticipated Nintendo Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
- Most Anticipated Yooreka Studio Game: Loopmaner
- Best presentation at E3 2021: Xbox & Bethesda Showcase
- Most Anticipated Game: Forza Horizon 5
What do you think?
Of course, an award show is just an opinion contest at the end of the day, but as usual, there were some titles that took most viewers completely by surprise, mostly Forza Horizon 5 winning the most anticipated game overall. The hosts surmised that the votes might have been very divided between Breath of the Wild 2 and Halo: Infinite, which allowed Forza Horizon 5 to squeeze through.
On that note, other wins were completely expected such as Breath of the Wild 2 winning best Nintendo game or Halo: Infinite winning best Xbox & Bethesda game. But we want to know what you think about this year’s E3 awards show? What is your view on representation in gaming? Do you agree or disagree with the E3 media partners’ votes? Let us know below!