tinyBuild, alongside the developers Splashteam, are pleased to announce their upcoming platform adventure game, Tinykin, with a video detailing the world and story.
Splashteam is an indie developer team consisting of ex-Ubisoft creatives who worked on the Rayman and Rabbids games based in France. Their first game, Splasher, was well-received and currently has a 96% positive rating on Steam.
Tinykin was first announced over seven months ago, and since then, the co-directors, Romain Claude and Marie Marquet, have created short videos, detailing parts of the game. In the first video, they spoke about the gameplay and abilities in Tinykin, and you should definitely go check that out if you haven’t seen it (click here). Fortunately, we have been treated to another video by Romain Claude and Marie Marquet. This time, the co-directors explain the world and story. They also explain that the next video will cover the game’s music, voices, and sound design.
What is Tinykin?
In Tinykin, you play as Milo, a small interstellar explorer who arrives on Earth to find everyone is gone. However, this isn’t the only problem. A single day hasn’t passed since 1991, and compared to Earth, Milo is incredibly small; only an inch high! Therefore, the stunning world you explore is infested with insects, but they aren’t as simple as you might think. Instead, some are highly sophisticated and have even discovered religion.
It’s your job to help Milo return to his home planet, but you won’t be alone. You’ll be aided by mysterious creatures named Tinykin, who will help you solve puzzles and forge new paths. This is what you can expect from Tinykin:
- Explore large cities of ants, highly-sophisicated dragonflies and other insects inside a giant house.
- Become a platforming prodigy.
- Talk to every character on your journey and learn their backstories.
- Catch over a hundred tinykin in each city that will help you complete puzzles.
- Whip out your inner Tony Hawk, and skateboard around on Milo’s tiny soap-board.
- Collect upgrades to improve Milo’s bubble-pack
- Build the Ardwin Museum and complete Ridmi’s mysterious machine.
Tinykin currently does not have a definite release date. However, the game will release sometime in Summer 2022 on Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch.