Distant Kingdoms, a city builder that blends strategy, social management and magic, is launching onto Steam Early Access today.
Published by Kasedo Games and developed by Orthrus Studios, Distant Kingdoms is a city-building management game with a fantasy twist. Set in a world on the brink of apocalyptic ruin, players will have to create a thriving kingdom in the hopes of resetting the balance and creating the ultimate civilisation. If you’re a fan of classic city builders and love a bit of Lord of the Rings, then Distant Kingdoms may just be for you.
What Is Distant Kingdoms?
Distant Kingdoms is a “unique city-building experience” in which players must use a combination of strategy, social management and magic to form a mighty civilisation. You’ll be able to do everything, from researching new technologies to adventuring off to discover unexplored lands. Distant Kingdoms builds upon the very foundations set by the many city builders that came before it. By spending time in early access, the developers hope to further refine their title and add in new mechanics that are “driven by [their] own plans and shaped by community feedback.” Here is just some of what you can expect from Distant Kingdoms:
- Create a diverse and sprawling network of towns and villages to form a brand-new civilisation
- Research various technologies and utilise powerful magic to help your budding settlements grow
- Jump in as a newcomer to the city building genre with easy to understand controls or delve deep into the games complex mechanics if you’re well versed in city building games
- Send out adventuring parties to uncover unexplored lands and determine their fate through an impactful event system
- Be wary of the fearsome creatures that roam the lands. Everything, from Dragons to Imps, Wraiths and Trolls, will get in your way of exploring the untamed world of Ineron
- Cater to the desires of the many races that populate the world and watch as peasants climb the social ladder and become nobles
Release Date & Price
Distant Kingdoms has launched today and is available for $24.99 / €24.99 / £21.69. There is currently a 15% discount sale that lasts until the 12th of May. Head on over to its Steam Store page for more details. Will you be picking up this fantasy infused city builder? Let us know down in the comments below.