The developer, Dark Lord, alongside publisher, Daedalic Entertainment, are pleased to announce an August release date for the cyberpunk-themed game, Glitchpunk.
Originally revealed in January, Glitchpunk will be releasing on Steam Early Access. Glitchpunk’s Early Access will launch with two available cities: Outpost Texas and New Baltia. However, Neo Tokyo and Moscow will join the game as it progresses in Early Access.
Every city will contain its own gangs and characters to extend the captivating storyline. Fortunately, a detailed road map will release after the game’s launch. You can check out the date reveal trailer here.
What is Glitchpunk?
Glitchpunk is a top-down action game with an old school GTA 2 feel. Players will shoot, brawl, drive, steal and sneak through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults, forming partnerships along the way. However, it’s not all about destroying things, Glitchpunk also tells a story about transhumanism, xenophobia, and religion.
In Glitchpunk, you play as a glitching android who fights against his own programming. Players can forge their own path while they make new friends, face off against countless enemies, and perhaps, even find love.
- Savage top-down action with many weapons.
- Control pedestrians and affect various devices with the hacking system.
- Travel around in trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and cars.
- Frantic police chases that include up to 10 wanted levels.
- Over ten gangs, each with their own stories, quests, and culture.
- Four different cities: Outpost Texas, New Baltia, Neo Tokyo and Moscow.
- Fully fledged story with many endings.
- Unique art style, featuring 2D sprites in a 3D environment.
- An in-game radio that hosts music by international artists from all around the world.
The cyberpunk-themed top-down shooter, Glitchpunk, arrives on Steam Early Access on 11th August.