CD Projekt Red has released yet another hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077, with Hotfix 1.22 adding further improvements to the stability and performance of the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 is still receiving updates to make the game “playable”, almost six months after it was released. Two weeks ago, Hotfix 1.21 released, and CD Projekt Red also stated they weren’t “shelving” Cyberpunk yet. The game had a lacklustre launch coming under fire for making the game basically unplayable on last-gen consoles. However, this week, Paweł Sasko, the Lead Quest Designer for Cyberpunk 2077, stated he “doesn’t feel players realise how difficult it was to make the game.”
Hotfix 1.22 Patch Notes
Nevertheless, Hotfix 1.22 is now live on PC, consoles and Stadia. The update addresses frequently reported issues from the last patch and adds further improvements to the stability and performance of the game. Here’s the list of changes below:
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available