Inspired by Slavic folklore, with elements of city builders, strategy, survival, and adventure games, Gord will debut on PC next year.
Gord is the first game by the new Polish game development studio, Covenant, founded by former CD PROJEKT RED and 11-bit studios producer Stan Just. Covenant are the first and only Polish game developer that holds the ‘Great Place to Work’ certificate and strive to deliver a game without crunch.
You can watch the announcement trailer here.
What is Gord?
Gord is a single-player, adventure strategy game based on Slavic folklore. Players complete quests and manage the inhabitants of a settlement whose stories and well-being impact its future. Gord also features unique survival, quest, and city-builder elements with procedurally generated scenarios.
Coming in 2022, Gord features:
- Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn as they venture into forbidden lands in a dark fantasy setting.
- Grow your gord from a small settlement to an unstoppable fortress. You will constantly be at risk from enemy tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers.
- AI-driven quest system to ensure lots of variety.
- Extraordinary mythical creatures.
- Choose from a variety of primary objectives, select the level size, the intensity of raids, the environment you’ll play in, the types of enemies you’ll face, starting resources, and even the severity of the weather. You can customise every scenario.
- From illness to the death of a family member, every aspect of your settlers’ lives will impact your villagers’ psychological state.
- Tip the battlefield in your favour with Spells. Unleash powerful Incantations that vary in nature, with some being offensive and others defensive.
- Pages torn from The Chronicle will be scattered throughout the game’s landscapes. This will give dedicated players the ability to learn about the Gord universe.
Gord will be available on PC and is launching sometine in next year. It is available to Wishlist now on Steam.