New World has received an update with bug fixes, quality-of-life improvements and laid the foundation for the upcoming server transfer feature.
Amazon’s first game — after many failed attempts — has taken the world by storm, and I’m not sure if they were prepared for it to make this big of an impact. Fortunately, they have been very communicative on social media, keeping players informed every step of the way.
New World Update 1.0.2 is now available to download on PC. It includes more of the same updates we received in Patch 1.0.1, but it lays the foundation for the upcoming server transfer feature. You can see the full list of updates below.
New World Patch 1.0.2 Notes
We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into a conflict state:
- Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
- Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players could respawn as a corpse.
- Fixed an issue where the tier 3 fishing treasure chest wouldn’t fight back after being hooked.
- Fixed various localization issues and text fields.
- Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.
- Fixed an issue causing territory influence to be reset after an Invasion.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to take a split amount of stacked items from a different settlement their faction owns, they were charged for the entire cost of the items in the stack.
- Fixed a game crash caused by a player targeting another player with a healing effect at the exact moment they fast traveled or teleported away.
- Fixed an issue reducing variety and potential quantity of loot obtained from game modes and chests within the world.
- Fixed an issue causing some crafting bonuses to not provide the minimum intended values.
- Fixed an issue where overflow items in storage transferred to a different territory.
- Fixed an issue where petting Barkimedes caused the camera to jitter.
- Fixed an issue causing the Ice Pylon ability to not cooldown appropriately.
- Fixed an issue where settlement storage can become massively overflowed by expired contracts.
- Fixed an issue where player’s movement could stutter after becoming encumbered from logging.
- Fixed an issue where there were not enough chests at Hapless Homestead to fulfill Faction quest requirements.
- Fixed an issue causing players to randomly teleport.
- Fixed an issue where players disappear if standing still when a campsite turret blueprint is being held.
- Fixed a visual issue causing repeater turrets to appear as if they were firing projectiles at an angle that did not align with the turret.
- Fixed miscellaneous game crashes.
- Fixed an issue where Marshjaw respawned slower than intended at Flatfish Fishery.
- Fixed an issue causing certain bears to respawn faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.
- Fixed an issue where players could be prompted to purchase an item they had previously started the unlocking process on in the in-game store when trying to unlock another item immediately after.
- Fixed an issue causing store previews for skins to not work correctly when the player was actively wielding a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Righteous Guardian armor skin would not change color in War.
- Fixed an issue where the
- Runic Bear armor skin would not change color in War.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect poses when previewing store items.