Developed by The Alekon Company, Alekon is an upcoming photography-focused creature collection game coming to Steam later this month.
If you were a fan of Nintendo’s latest Pokémon game, New Pokémon Snap, or even a fan of the original Pokémon Snap from yesteryear, then this one might just be for you. Developed by three former Riot Games and Respawn Entertainment developers, Alekon is a game all about capturing photographs of cute creatures across stunning environments. Their goal was to make a spiritual successor to Pokémon Snap but they felt limited by its on-rails gameplay. This is their response to those limitations, by adding in various features in an attempt to innovate on the Nintendo classic.
What Is Alekon?
Alekon is a game all about snapping cool pictures of “whimsical creatures”. But there seems to be much more to it than that. The developers wanted to break away from the shackles of the game’s that inspired them. So, instead of on-rails movement, there’s free-roaming. There are puzzles to solve, mini-games to play, quests to beat and events to uncover. It would seem that the developers have added some much-needed depth to a genre that hasn’t really innovated. Here are just some of the things you can expect when it launches later this month:
- Take pictures of over 50 unique creatures each with their own unique personality, dialogue, quests and collectable poses
- Get the highest scores on your photographs to progress to the next level
- Experience lush environments with full free roaming movement, as well as some on-rails sections
- Complete quests and minigames that involve everything from photography music and art to dialogue
- Solve creative puzzles while you’re out exploring
- Listen to the delightful original soundtrack inspired by Nintendo 64 classics
Release Date & Price
Alekon releases onto Steam later this month and will cost $15.99. If you head on over to its Steam store page, you can wishlist it and be notified of when it launches. What are your thoughts on Alekon? Let us know down in the comments below.